Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Hit the road, Jack.."

Yesterday, I revealed a sneak peek at my new all-time favorite piece that I've refinished.  Today, I'm showing my readers the before and after pictures of my new boy, "Jack." 
I originally found Jack through one of my wonderful students.  Although Jack was in good shape, he still needed to be loved on...
The before picture:
As you can see, Jack was just ok in his former color, but he needed to reach his full potential.  I'm a huge fan of Miss Mustard Seed and her fabulous blog, http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/In her fabulousness, she caused a stir in the blogworld by creating a unique Union Jack dresser.  As soon as I saw hers, I knew that I immediately wanted to create a similar look....I just needed to find the right piece.  Enter "Jack."  :) 
After pictures of Jack:

Delicious original hardware  :)

Doesn't he look natural in the woods? 

I put a lot of time into this piece and I think that the end product was totally worth it!  I'm really tempted to keep if for myself, but I've placed it in my etsy shop for now. 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DarlingBella?ref=ss_profile

0 comments:

Post a Comment